Monday, 13 August 2007

Corny meting the ladies

So here is some of the photos from when I let Cony in to the mares. They are all in foal now - so he won't be "servicing" them.
Netta is my alfa mare. A real alfa one that is. If I need to move my heard, i only put her in a halter and leed - the other horses follow her wherever we tell them (oki, not past the real goodies like corn)
Netta was not at all pleased with the new boy...Taffy went in trying to say hello - no way.. an angry Netta came an went in betweenLone is second in range - she is so calm - only gave him the but up, and a squeak, afterwards more grassing:)
And Rosie... she is lovest in range. The noise maker of the herd. They all went up to Corny telling him off all after the rang they have. Rosie was the last one, but she really did it.. many times.
Oki Rosie - I think you've made your point!!
Nelly had to take a break from eating to show off a bit

Corny did his best trying to impress...

An the last one - Corrie running FAST to the other girls

It is so interesting to study the heard an see their behavior. I coud do it for hours. The mares all got close together. Protecting the foals in the middle. Pretended to be eating "I'm not seeing you stupid boy" And then one by one the ran against him trying to chase him.
- Mona -


No comments: