Wednesday, 16 April 2008

The foaling season has definitly started!!!

Finally - after keeping me waiting for weeks and weeks - Nancy had her foal late last night!
Once again a stunning colt and I was lucky enough to be there and observe the birth!
He is black with 3 white socks and his daddy is our stallion Ickie.
I also snapped lots of photo and I thought I`d share some of them with you :)
So meet our first boy of the season - Vestlandsbandens Viggo!
The first meeting between mare and foal.......
Mummy taking care of her newborn making sure he is getting clean...
...all over his body.
Tired from the hard experience a birth is.
Trying to get up and stand on four legs for the first time...
...it is not easy, but he gets there:)
What are you doing mummy?
Mmmmmmm, milk......
Finally I can get some rest.
What - more photos?
I`ll get up....
Do I look okay like this? Say cheeeeeeeese!
~ Elisabeth ~

No comments: