Monday, 9 August 2010

my weekend...

This weekend I spent among great friend at a marked named Etne Markanden. There are a lot of things happening. The usual markeds selling a lot of stuff you dont really need. I'd say there was almoust 100 horses gathered. Show jumping, English dressage and " Brukskjøring" a driving competition. We camp and spend the nigth at the saloon:)Me and Rose attended the driving.Here are some photos from the driving. There are a lot of different things you have to do. Stay put for 10 seconds downhill - and the into the water
Backwards into the gate





Trotting







Crossing the "bridge"
Well.... we shure shoud hade done a lot more training. And Rose was a bit overwelmed by the music, lots of people, and mummys competition nerves. Driving her was lik driving a bumpy bear. Somhow she really wanted to have bouth of her front feets OF the grond moust of the time;) My poor little girl. She shure had an experience this day. In the end I managed to calm her down
. And I was wery proud when the results stated us to the 4th place in the pony class!!!! (not certain we decerved it thou)
I'm also sertain that Rose woud do better the next time. She just neded to ger her nerves in control:)

Afterwards all the driving hoses gathered and went for a parade thou the town and market place.
Shure we had to do someting different... riding in a driving parade. And it's natural to put on a dress? We thougt so. I borrowed Inges mare Ally (my grand daugther - sired by Herkules) Inger was riding Scully



White dress - and off course baere foot:)
Do I have to mention we did have an amazing weekend??
And yupp - we did go to the Saloon dressed like this :)



All photos copyright Sissel Heigre - Thank you Sissel:)
- Mona -

No comments: