Thursday, 10 April 2008

No foals yet...

So I just have to make a blog post.. moarning and complaining. No foals in sight. And I've been waiting for weeks. At least it feels like it. Rosie was due the 8 th this month, but it still seems like it will take a couple of more days. And Thinka, well I was told she was due in march... The only comfort is that two of Elisabeth's mares is due the same day as Rosie, and they are making her waite for it to.
Spring is such a marvelous time... but waiting for the first foal - It is almoust paifull!!!

Well - no blog post without a picture...
I spend my days waiting.. and while I'm waiting I do som work at the new stable. Slow progres.. and mabye a bit difficult to imagine the result from these photos - I'll put them up anyway. The largest half of the stable. It will have 4 induvidual horse stables, a tack room and a smal feed rom. The horses in the large stable will put theire heads thru the wall in the middle - and get thire feed on the floor. It's the front of the induvidual stables laying at the floor at the photo.
The stable part where the horses may walk inn and out as they want.
Two of the induvidual stables has a door that goes outside. I'll make them a smaal paddock - thinking theese will be nice for the horses I need to take from the heard to keep an eye on.

Hopfully we will get started on the roof next week... I'm som not looking forwards to it. I'm not happy in a ladder 5 meeters over the ground.

No comments: