Friday, 29 January 2010

What colour?

Ok - I admit it - I`m really excited about this season foals to be born.
Only a few months left now, and the first foals will step into this world! :)
I`ve made a little list of my mares due dates and the possible colours of their babies - we`ll just have to wait and see if my list is correct ;)
Camella Boy Warrior
x
Emily
Her foaling date is May 3rd and possible colours of her baby you can see below.
(Camella Boy Warrior also carries the pearl gene which wasn`t included in the colour calculation, so I think there is a chance of getting a pearl baby as well ;)
19.14% - Buckskin Tobiano
19.14% - Buckskin
19.14% - Bay Tobiano
19.14% - Bay
3.13% - Palomino Tobiano
3.13% - Palomino
3.13% - Chestnut Tobiano
3.13% - Chestnut
2.73% - Smoky Black Tobiano
2.73% - Smoky Black
2.73% - Black Tobiano
2.73% - Black
I`m hoping for buckskin baby from these two cobs :)

Holm`s La Coste of Picasso
x
Nancy
Her foaling date is April 19th and she will definatelly have a chestnut baby :)
75.00% - Chestnut Tobiano
25.00% - Chestnut

I just love La Costes`mum Mischa, so I`m crossing my fingers for a foal like her - a solid cestnut filly foal with 4 white legs and LOTS of hair!


Ickie
x
Bess
Her foaling date is May 12th and my guess is that she will have yet another beautiful black and hairy baby :)
87.50% - Black
12.50% - Chestnut

Vestlandsbandens Golden Victory has been bred to my 3 young mares in addition to Corrie.
I`m hoping for some really nice, chunky and hairy silverbabies from my girls :)
Golden Victory x Vestlandsbandens Lilo (Her father is Ickie).
Her foaling date is April 19th.
35.16% - Silver Bay
35.16% - Bay
11.72% - Silver Black
11.72% - Black
6.25% - Chestnut


Golden Victory x Vestlandsbandens Irina (Ickie is her father as well).
Don`t know for sure her foaling date, so we`ll just have to wait patientelly.....
35.16% - Silver Black Tobiano
35.16% - Black Tobiano
11.72% - Silver Black
11.72% - Black
4.69% - Chestnut Tobiano
1.56% - Chestnut


Golden Victory x Otis` Olivia
Her foaling date is May 22nd.
26.37% - Silver Bay Tobiano
26.37% - Bay Tobiano
8.79% - Silver Black Tobiano
8.79% - Silver Bay
8.79% - Black Tobiano
8.79% - Bay
4.69% - Chestnut Tobiano
2.93% - Silver Black
2.93% - Black
1.56% - Chestnut


Golden Victory x Corrie
Her foaling date is May 5th. It will be interesting to see the result of this colour combination - for the two last seasons she has given us a tobiano pearl palomino filly and a solid palomino filly - maybe we are up for a silver buckskin filly this year??!!? That would be something! :)
16.67% - Palomino
16.67% - Chestnut
8.33% - Smoky Black
8.33% - Silver Smoky Black
8.33% - Silver Buckskin
8.33% - Silver Black
8.33% - Silver Bay
8.33% - Buckskin
8.33% - Black
8.33% - Bay
Looks like May will be an exciting and busy month!!!
I just hope everything runs smoothely and that the foals will be strong and at good health.
~ Elisabeth ~

No comments: